Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sonnet 14: Grin On My Face Wouldn't Go Away

By Tatiana Suarez-Pico

The grin on my face wouldn't go away

I had to ask a friend it that was sane

her eyes drowning in tears, my lips danced a ballet

I caught myself trying in vain



My teeth fought to see the light of the night

What price did we have to pay

to know what it feels like to be right?

I don't care anymore to parlay



It still feels like a bunch of broken plates

refuse and porcelain dust

hurting bad, my breath abates

I tried fucking hard, this wasn't just



The grin undulates into a grimace

and I just wanna escape in a pinnace

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...