Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sonnet 20: i walk down that downsided street

By Matthew Paul Olmos

i walk down that downsided street
to his house like some welcomed guest.
i don't believe in anything
an when i arrive i remember all the rest

of what's happened to me and him
our messy plates and laughing side by side
of everything that makes me just want in
an i know how stupid it is to sometimes try.

even though i bang my body against this concrete block
time an again
like some stupid someone who ought not
believe in love over sin.

i walk up that upsided street to where he calls home
an i know my thoughts, my body an heart, i just can't seem to own.

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...