Friday, March 5, 2010

Sonnet 9: My Heart Was Pumping

By Tatiana Suarez-Pico

My heart was pumping, jumping in and out of its thoraxic shell

As I was running I realized I was angry again

Patience, trickling down like coins out of a bottomless pocket, fell

My pale face couldn't feign


I questioned why she left, I'm not yet ready to accept this answer

Remembering how it hurt made the corners of mouth bend

The wind matted my hair like a tap dancer

The memories closed around me like a cast ready to subtend


How could she?

Reasons embodied by crazy strands of hair pointing at all sides her

My shoulders heavy with time, plea

I don't understand what happened, help me infer


I still lose from time to time, to the dog mauling we call pain

I tell her it doesn't compute in my head and to please explain again

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...