Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sonnet 39: Exit Player

By Aurin Squire

When I was younger I worried all eyes on me
Grimaced over steps and regressed
Feared scrutiny and what the world could see
Paranoid fevers overly obsessed.

Entering my prime, rejoiced in my place
Laughter booming and shine like a sun
I took all the oxygen and space
Center of the universe, the spring of fun.

Start the exit, slow from the bright lit room.
My face falls more into dusk and shadow.
No longer swallowing air, but subsumed,
by the eeking way things of this world flow.

When I am old, will anybody look?
At old men hiding in memory' book.

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...