Friday, April 23, 2010

Sonnet 56: Election Night 2008

By Aurin Squire

Pulled car over and wept till my chest hurt
Ohio's starless night covered my face
His voice poetic majestic asserts
The darkest night set us off into a new place.

In the Hilton Ballroom covered with screens
Screams, fists, backslaps, election beers, and tears
Ecstasy overwhelmed, slipped out unseen
Drove alone gone to emote without fears.

Fist pounding the wheel as news kept rolling
then talking to myself, coaching my smile
Cut to Hyde Park and tears started flowing
and didn't stop, didn't stop for miles.

Returned to party nonplussed by surprise
Only betrayed by my swollen red eyes.

No comments:

EVIL endings

 Evil: 2nd to last ep of the entire series. This morning in Bucaramanga I woke up and cut some fresh fruit and had a delicious changua, whic...