Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sonnet 57: There Isn't A Crown

By Aurin Squire

There isn't a crown that hasn't been worn
No amount of wealth I haven't amassed.
Fame and good name; some times earned, some times born
Since time beginningless all goals surpassed.

Except there's one dream still unattained.
I have not stopped my mind from harming myself
The me that could never 'be' ignites pains
that smash my body, all the wealth and health.

This dream. This one thing I never achieved
Is the only treasure worth its wearing
May the One Dream grow and be conceived
with the instantaneous, highest pairing.

May the diamond way shine in these versed vows
Ask for the blessings, the Angels Allow.

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...