Saturday, June 1, 2013

Summer Sonnet 1: Summer Apertif

"Apertif something light to get you, sir?"
the waiter encouraged my limp frame
 flung in a chair I weakly concur
but the heat makes it all the same.


At these times my appetite is shot. Through
blazing summer days stunt lusty cravings
my phoenix desires die and born anew
restoring credit to my carnal savings.


Summer menu of tapas suffice
nothing too heavy, thick of pungence
when all I need is cold slivers of ice
stomach heaves at rich Italian scents.


"I'll have ice water and a cold compress,
the more I see, confirms more is less. 


-By Aurin Squire

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...