Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer Sonnet 26: Nightmare

When I woke up today I swore I saw
The sun spit fire into the sky. Blue, red
Silver, green and grey have never
Looked so good before and I was inspired.

A much welcomed reprieve after my dream
In which I had no recollection of
My life. And it seemed that death was the theme
And there was a distinct absence of love.

There was solace though in that waking hour
When life was back to normal once again.
With no need at all to weep or cower
I shook off the dust and grabbed my pen.

There’s so much to say and so many rhymes!
I truly wish that I had all that time.   

- By Donavue

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...