Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer Sonnet 31: Speak on Love

I will challenge myself to speak on love
Though the words may escape me as I go.
To try and fulfill my promise above
I'll try not to go too fast or too slow.

Some love I'm sure is quite akin to death
In that it is guaranteed for us all.
From the moment that we take our first breath.
We are sure to love once before we fall.

Although I'm sure that some will disagree
With these cynic and semi-jaded thoughts.
I cannot blame them for their naivete
And so I leave them to their mindless stalks.

Passion altered is love in many ways
Each poet can choose how to fill his days.

- By Donavue

No comments:

Get What You Want: April 2024

  1. PAC NYC- THE DEMOCRACY CYCLE DEADLINE: April 1, 2024 WEBSITE: www.pacnyc.org/the-democracy-cycle-submission-guidelines/ Over a 5-year p...